English | 2019 | ISBN: 978-1789340266 | 798 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 132 MB
Gather detailed statistics and deploy impressive business solutions with Zabbix 4.0
Zabbix 4 Network Monitoring is the perfect starting point for monitoring the performance of your network devices and applications with Zabbix. Even if you’ve never used a monitoring solution before, this book will get you up and running quickly. You’ll learn to monitor more sophisticated operations with ease and soon feel in complete control of your network, ready to meet any challenges you might face.
Starting with the installation, you will discover the new features in Zabbix 4.0. You will then get to grips with native Zabbix agents and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) devices. You will also explore Zabbix’s integrated functionality for monitoring Java application servers and VMware. This book also covers notifications, permission management, system maintenance, and troubleshooting, so you can be confident that every potential challenge and task is under your control. If you’re working with larger environments, you’ll also be able to find out more about distributed data collection using Zabbix proxies. Once you’re confident and ready to put these concepts into practice, you will understand how to optimize and improve performance. Troubleshooting network issues is vital for anyone working with Zabbix, so the book also helps you work through any technical snags and glitches you might face.
By the end of this book, you will have learned more advanced techniques to fine-tune your system and make sure it is in a healthy state.
What you will learn
- Install Zabbix server and an agent from source
- Manage hosts, users, and permissions while acting upon monitored conditions
- Visualize data with the help of ad hoc graphs, custom graphs, and maps
- Simplify complex configurations and learn to automate them
- Monitor everything from web pages to IPMI devices and Java applications to VMware stats
- Configure Zabbix to send alerts including problem severity and time periods
- Troubleshoot any network issue