English | 2015 | ISBN: 0134052779 | 656 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 33 MB
Use Xcode 6 to Craft Outstanding iOS and OS X Apps!
Xcode 6 Start to Finish will help you use Apple’s Xcode 6 tools to improve productivity, write great code, and leverage the newest iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite features, including Apple’s new Swift programming language.
Drawing on more than thirty years of experience developing for Apple platforms, and helping others do so, Fritz Anderson presents a complete best-practice workflow that reflects Xcode’s latest innovations. Through three full, sample projects, you’ll learn to integrate testing, source control, and other key skills into a high-efficiency process that works. And all sample code has been completely written in Swift, with figures and descriptions that reflect Xcode’s radically new interface.
This is the only Xcode 6 book focused on deep mastery of the tools you’ll be living with every day. Anderson reveals better ways to storyboard, instrument, build, and compile code, and helps you apply new features, ranging from Interface Builder Live Rendering to View Debugging and XCTest Performance Testing. By the time you’re finished, you’ll have all the Xcode 6 skills you need in order to develop truly exceptional software.
- Working with iOS-side dynamic frameworks and iOS/OS X extension modules
- Streamlining Model, View, and Controller development with Swift
- Rewriting Objective-C functions in Swift
- Efficiently managing layouts and view hierarchies with size classes
- Inspecting and fixing interface issues with the new View Debugger
- Displaying and configuring custom views within Interface Builder via Live Rendering
- Benchmarking performance within the Xcode 6 unit test framework
- Leveraging Xcode 6 automated tools to simplify localization
- Creating new extensions to inject services and UI into other applications
- Mastering new Swift debugging techniques