English | 2018 | ISBN: 1789537505 | 416 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 90 MB
Explore Xamarin.Forms to develop dynamic applications
Xamarin.Forms is a lightweight cross-platform development toolkit for building applications with a rich user interface.
In this book you’ll start by building projects that explain the Xamarin.Forms ecosystem to get up and running with building cross-platform applications. We’ll increase in difficulty throughout the projects, making you learn the nitty-gritty of Xamarin.Forms offerings. You’ll gain insights into the architecture, how to arrange your app’s design, where to begin developing, what pitfalls exist, and how to avoid them. The book contains seven real-world projects, to get you hands-on with building rich UIs and providing a truly cross-platform experience. It will also guide you on how to set up a machine for Xamarin app development. You’ll build a simple to-do application that gets you going, then dive deep into building advanced apps such as messaging platform, games, and machine learning, to build a UI for an augmented reality project.
By the end of the book, you’ll be confident in building cross-platforms and fitting Xamarin.Forms toolkits in your app development. You’ll be able to take the practice you get from this book to build applications that comply with your requirements.
What you will learn
- Set up a machine for Xamarin development
- Get to know about MVVM and data bindings in Xamarin.Forms
- Understand how to use custom renderers to gain platform-specific access
- Discover Geolocation services through Xamarin Essentials
- Create an abstraction of ARKit and ARCore to expose as a single API for the game
- Learn how to train a model for image
- classification with Azure Cognitive Services