English | 2016 | ISBN: 1785887444 | 516 Pages | PDF | 16 MB
Do you want to create powerful, efficient, and independent apps from scratch that will leverage the Xamarin framework and code with C#? Well, look no further; you’ve come to the right place!
This is a learn-as-you-build practical guide to building eight full-fledged applications using Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin Android, and Xamarin iOS.
Each chapter includes a project, takes you through the process of building applications (such as a gallery Application, a text-to-speech service app, a GPS locator app, and a stock market app), and will show you how to deploy the application’s source code to a Google Cloud Source Repository. Other practical projects include a chat and a media-editing app, as well as other examples fit to adorn any developer’s utility belt.
In the course of building applications, this book will teach you how to design and prototype professional-grade applications implementing performance and security considerations.
What You Will Learn
- Discover eight different ways to create your own Xamarin applications
- Improve app performance by using SQLite for data-intensive applications
- Set up a simple web service to feed JSON data into mobile applications
- Store files locally with Xamarin.Forms using dependency services
- Use Xamarin extension libraries to create effective applications with less coding