English | 2020 | ISBN: 1838986506 | 574 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 97 MB
Explore built-in WordPress features and the power of advanced plugins and themes for building modern websites
Now powering over 30% of all websites, WordPress has been the most popular content management system (CMS) for the past 7 years, and shows no signs of slowing down. With the demand for WordPress development and developers increasing every day, now is the best time to learn WordPress inside out.
The book starts with basic recipes for installing WordPress and managing basic features. You’ll then explore the main components of developing a website such as the installation and customization of WordPress plugins, widgets, and themes. As you progress through the chapters, you’ll cover content and user management topics such as customizing the content display, advanced content types, using a new Gutenberg editor, and building an advance blog with custom editorial workflow. You’ll learn how to use WordPress as an application framework and build e-commerce sites. This WordPress book helps you to optimize your site to maximize visibility on search engines, add interactivity, and build a user community to make the site profitable. Finally, you’ll learn how to maintain a WordPress site while taking precautions against possible security threats.
By the end of the book, you’ll have developed the skills required to build and maintain modern WordPress websites with the latest technologies and be equipped with quick solutions to common challenges in using WordPress.
What you will learn
- Work with basic WordPress features, tools, and settings
- Install and customize plugins and themes for advanced WordPress website requirements
- Build modern web designs without the need to learn to code
- Explore the new Gutenberg content editor introduced in WordPress 5 (Bebo)
- Use existing WordPress plugins to build advanced features and monetize your website
- Improve accessibility and user interaction on your site with simple tricks
- Understand techniques to maintain your sites and avoid security threats
- Extend built-in WordPress features for advanced site management