English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1032104447 | 136 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
The main objective of What UX is Really About: Introducing a Mindset for Great Experiences is to provide a quick introduction to user experience (UX 101) for students, professionals, or simply curious readers who want to understand this trendy yet commonly misunderstood practice better but who don’t have the time dive deeply into it. The reader will learn that UX is much more than a set of techniques, guidelines, and tools. It’s a mindset; a philosophy that consists of taking the perspective of the humans that will use a product. It’s about solving their problems, offering them a pleasurable experience, and building a win-win and long-lasting relationship between them and the company developing the product. Above all, it’s about improving people’s lives with technology What UX is Really About is informative, concise, and provides the reader with a high-level overview of the science, design, and methodologies of UX, presented as a mindset.
- This work aims to be the most approachable book about UX. Many books on the topic are highly specialized and are not easy to read for people who just want to understand it better.
- This book is easy to read and aims to popularize the UX mindset while debunking its main misconceptions.
- Small format size makes it easy to carry around.
- Includes content relatable and meaningful to the readers by taking many examples from everyday life with a conversational and light writing style.
- It tackles the psychology, design, research, process, strategy, and ethics behind offering the best experience with products, systems, or services.
- Includes a glossary.