English | 2019 | ISBN: 1449369279 | 144 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 21 MB
Until recently, creating desktop-like applications in the browser meant using inefficient Ajax or Comet technologies to communicate with the server. With this practical guide, you’ll learn how to use WebSocket, a protocol that enables the client and server to communicate with each other on a single connection simultaneously. No more asynchronous communication or long polling!
- Learn how to use WebSocket API events, messages, attributes, and methods within your client application
- Build bi-directional chat applications on the client and server with WebSocket as the communication layer
- Create a subprotocol over WebSocket for STOMP 1.0, the Simple Text Oriented Messaging Protocol
- Use options for older browsers that don’t natively support WebSocket
- Protect your WebSocket application against various attack vectors with TLS and other tools
- Debug applications by learning aspects of the WebSocket lifecycle