English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1484274958 | 178 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 10 MB
Journey into the amazing world of WebAssembly (Wasm) and learn about how it can be applied on the cloud. This book is an introduction to Wasm aimed at professionals accustomed to working with cloud-related technologies such as Kubernetes and Istio service mesh.
After reading this book, you’ll have the knowledge necessary to apply WebAssembly to create multi tenanted workloads which can be polyglot in nature and can be deployed on cloud environments like Kubernetes.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how Wasm can be used for server-side applications
- Learn about Wasm memory model and Wasm module layout
- How communication between host and Wasm module is facilitated
- The basics of Wasm sandboxing and security
- The fundamentals of tooling around Wasm, such as WAT and Wasm-pack
- Grasp how Kubernetes can be used to orchestrate Wasm-based workloads
- How Wasm fits into service mesh