Perform fast, easy and reliable cross-browser testing with practical demonstrations
- Access to Visual testing, Cypress Studio, GitHub Actions, and the Cypress Dashboard.
- Simple and practical illustrations on using Docker images, CI/CD pipelines and headless Cypress test runner.
- Examples and solutions on using Cucumber for cross-browser and cross-platform testing.
“Web Testing with Cypress” teaches you to test web apps on any browser or platform with zero environment setup in a developer-friendly, end-to-end web testing environment.
As you progress through the book, you’ll learn about cutting-edge testing methodologies, such as test-driven development (TDD), sanity testing (SST), and left shift testing (LTST). It also includes case studies and easy demos for non-technical users to help them write scripts in simple language to undertake application testing.
What you will learn
- Explore Cypress capabilities, including forms, elements, action fields, and Cypress Studio.
- Learn to write and run automated cross-browser and cross-platform tests.
- Execute Sequential and Parallel testing, Shift Left testing, and Sanity testing.
- Make use of GitHub Actions, Cypress Dashboard, Cucumber, and NodeJS.
- Write test code, run CI testing and record test results.