English | 2016 | ISBN: 1787121720 | 845 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 13 MB
Unlock the power of the MEAN stack by creating attractive and real-world projects
The MEAN stack is a collection of the most popular modern tools for web development. This course will help you to build a custom e-commerce app along with several other applications. You will progress to creating several applications with MEAN.
The first module in this course will provide you with the skills you need to successfully create, maintain, and test a MEAN application. Starting with MEAN core frameworks, this course will explain each framework key concepts of MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, and Node.js. We will walk through the different tools and frameworks that will help expedite your daily development cycles.
After this, the next module will show you how to create your own e-commerce application using the MEAN stack. It takes you step by step through the parallel process of learning and building to develop a production-ready, high-quality e-commerce site from scratch. It also shows you how to manage user authentication and authorization, check multiple payment platforms, add a product search and navigation feature, deploy a production-ready e-commerce site, and finally add your own high-quality feature to the site.
The final step in this course will enable you to build a better foundation for your AngularJS apps. You’ll learn how to build complex real-life applications with the MEAN stack and a few more advanced projects. You will become familiar with WebSockets, build real-time web applications, create auto-destructing entities, and see how to work with monetary data in Mongo. You will also find out how to a build real-time e-commerce application
This learning path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
- MEAN Web Development by Amos Haviv
- Building an E-Commerce Application with MEAN by Adrian Mejia
- MEAN Blueprints by Robert Onodi
What You Will Learn
- Build modern, end-to-end web applications by employing the full-stack web development solution of MEAN
- Connect your Express application to MongoDB and use a Mongoose model and build a complex application from start to finish in MongoDB
- Employ AngularJS to build responsive UI components
- Implement multiple authentication strategies such as OAuth, JsonWebToken, and Sessions
- Enhance your website’s usability with social logins such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google
- Secure your app by creating SSL certificates and run payment platforms in a live environment
- Implement a chat application from scratch using Socket.IO
- Create distributed applications and use the power of server-side rendering in your applications
- Extend a project with a real-time bidding system using WebSockets