English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788839792 | 344 Pages | EPUB, AZW3 | 45 MB
Vue.js 2 Design Patterns and Best Practices: Build enterprise-ready, modular Vue.js applications with Vuex and Nuxt
Become an expert Vue developer by understanding the design patterns and component architecture of Vue.js to write clean and maintainable code.
The book starts by comparing Vue.js with other frameworks and setting up the development environment for your application, and gradually move on to writing and styling clean, maintainable, and reusable components that can be used across your application.
Further on, you’ll look at common UI patterns, Vue form submission, and various modifiers such as lazy binding, number typecasting, and string trimming to create better UIs. You will also explore best practices for integrating HTTP into Vue.js applications to create an application with dynamic data.
Routing is a vitally important part of any SPA, so you will focus on the Vue router and explore routing a user between multiple pages. Next, you’ll also explore state management with Vuex, write testable code for your application, and create performant, server-side rendered applications with Nuxt.
Towards the end, we’ll look at common antipatterns to avoid, to save you from a lot of trial and error and development headaches.
By the end of this book, you’ll be well on your way to becoming an expert Vue developer who can leverage design patterns to efficiently architect the design of your application and write clean and maintainable code.
What you will learn
- Understand the theory and patterns of Vue.js
- Build scalable and modular Vue.js applications
- Take advantage of Vuex for reactive state management.
- Create Single Page Applications with vue-router.
- Use Nuxt for FAST server side rendered Vue applications.
- Convert your application to a Progressive Web App (PWA) and add ServiceWorkers, offline support, and more
- Build your app with Vue.js by following up with best practices and explore the common anti-patterns to avoid