English | 2017 | ISBN: 1786464620 | 318 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 15 MB
Over 80 recipes to help you improve vSphere 6.5's performance and solve problems before they arise
vSphere is a mission-critical piece of software for many businesses. It is a complex tool, and incorrect design and deployment can create performance related issues that can negatively affect the business. This book is focused on solving these problems as well as providing best practices and performance-enhancing techniques. This edition is fully updated to include all the new features in version 6.5 as well as the latest tools and techniques to keep vSphere performing at its best.
This book starts with interesting recipes, such as the interaction of vSphere 6.5 components with physical layers such as CPU, memory, and networking. Then we focus on DRS, resource control design, and vSphere cluster design. Next, you'll learn about storage performance design and how it works with VMware vSphere 6.5. Moving on, you will learn about the two types of vCenter installation and the benefits of each. Lastly, the book covers performance tools that help you get the most out of your vSphere installation.
By the end of this book, you will be able to identify, diagnose, and troubleshoot operational faults and critical performance issues in vSphere 6.5.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the VMM Scheduler, cache aware CPU Scheduler, NUMA Aware CPU Scheduler, and more during the CPU Performance Design phase
- Get to know the virtual memory reclamation technique, host ballooning monitoring, and swapping activity
- Choose the right platform while designing your vCenter Server, redundant vCenter design, and vCenter SSO and its deployment
- Know how to use various performance simulation tools
- Design VCSA Server Certificates to minimize security threats
- Use health check tools for storage and boost vSphere 6.5's performance with VAAI and VASA