English | 2020 | ISBN: 1789610031 | 349 Pages | EPUB, MOBI | 62 MB
A comprehensive guide to gaining a 360-degree overview of the VBA programming language and learning how to build your own programs for automating routine tasks
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is a programming language developed and owned by Microsoft to automate routine computing tasks in MS Office applications. This book provides comprehensive coverage of VBA automation using a variety of practice problems to help you automate daily tasks and extend the capabilities of Excel and other Office applications.
The book starts by helping you become familiar with VBA so that you can start recording macros right away. You’ll then build upon that foundation and advance to using the full capabilities of the language as you apply loops, functions, and custom dialogue boxes to design your own automation programs. Progressing through the chapters, you’ll get to grips with embedded macros, content controls, and advanced tools to further enhance productivity. Throughout this VBA book, you’ll cover multiple practice projects in Excel and other Office applications such as Word and PowerPoint, while exploring tips, tricks, and best practices that will help you develop your automation skills. Finally, you’ll explore topics relating to app performance, security, and interaction with other apps.
By the end of this book, you’ll have developed the skills you need to use VBA to create your own procedures and programs that control applications in the Office suite.
What you will learn
- Understand the VBA programming language’s role in the context of MS Office suite
- Discover various aspects of VBA programming such as its terminology, syntax, procedures, functions, and forms
- Investigate the elements, features, and characteristics of the VBA Editor to write and edit custom scripts
- Automate Excel sheets with the help of ranges
- Explore error handling and debugging techniques to catch bugs in your programs
- Create and use custom dialogue boxes to collect data from users
- Customize and extend Office apps such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word