English | 2022 | ISBN: 978-1617299339 | 414 Pages | PDF | 31 MB
Unity in Action, Third Edition teaches you to write and deploy games with Unity.
This hands-on beginners guide gets you building games fast, all with the awesome Unity engine! You’ll speed past the basics and use your existing coding skills to create 2D, 3D, and AR/VR games.
In Unity in Action, Third Edition, you will learn how to:
- Create characters that run, jump, and bump into things
- Build 3D first-person shooters and third-person action games
- Construct 2D card games and side-scrolling platformers
- Script enemies with AI
- Improve game graphics by importing models and images
- Design an intuitive user interface for your games
- Play music and spatially-aware sound effects
- Connect your games to the internet for online play
- Deploy your games to desktop, mobile, and the web
Thousands of new game developers have chosen Joe Hocking’s Unity in Action as their first step toward Unity mastery. Starting with the initial groundwork of a new game development project, you’ll quickly start writing custom code instead of clicking together premade scripts. This fully updated third edition comes packed with fully refreshed graphics, Unity’s latest features, and coverage of augmented and virtual reality toolkits. You’ll master the Unity toolset from the ground up, learning the skills to go from application coder to game developer.
Writing games is rewarding and fun—and with Unity, it’s easy to get started! Unity handles the heavy lifting, so you can focus on game play, graphics, and user experience. C# support and a huge ecosystem of prebuilt components help even first-time developers go from the drawing board to the screen fast.
Unity in Action, Third Edition teaches you to create games with the Unity game platform. It’s many 2D, 3D, and AR/VR game examples give you hands-on experience with Unity’s workflow tools and state-of-the-art rendering engine. This fully updated third edition presents new coverage of Unity’s XR toolkit and shows you how you can start building with virtual and augmented reality.Homepage