English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788477901 | 250 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 100 MB
Use Unity 2017 to create fun and unbelievable AI entities in your games with A*, Fuzzy logic and NavMesh
Unity 2017 provides game and app developers with a variety of tools to implement Artificial Intelligence. Leveraging these tools via Unity's API or built-in features allows limitless possibilities when it comes to creating your game's worlds and characters.
This third edition with Unity will help you break down Artificial Intelligence into simple concepts to give you a fundamental understanding of the topic to build upon. Using a variety of examples, the book then takes those concepts and walks you through actual implementations designed to highlight key concepts, and features related to game AI in Unity 5. Further on you will learn to distinguish the state machine pattern and implement one of your own. This is followed by learning how to implement a basic sensory system for your AI agent and coupling it with a Finite State Machine (FSM).
Next you'll learn how to use Unity's built-in NavMesh feature and implement your own A* pathfinding system. You will then learn how to implement simple flocks and crowd's dynamics, key AI concepts. Moving on, you will learn how to implement a behavior tree through a game-focused example. Lastly, you'll combine fuzzy logic concepts with state machines and apply all the concepts in the book to build a simple tank game.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basic terminology and concepts in game AI
- Explore advanced AI Concepts such as Neural Networks
- Implement a basic finite state machine using state machine behaviors in Unity 2017
- Create sensory systems for your AI and couple it with a Finite State Machine
- Wok with Unity 2017's built-in NavMesh features in your game
- Build believable and highly-efficient artificial flocks and crowds
- Create a basic behavior tree to drive a character's actions