English | 2016 | ISBN: 1942878247 | 548 Pages | True PDF +code | 339 MB
tvOS Apprentice Second Edition: Beginning tvOS Development with Swift 3
Learn How to Make tvOS Apps!
The tvOS Apprentice teaches you everything you need to know to develop great apps for the Apple TV.
This book teaches you how to make tvOS apps in two different ways: via the traditional method using UIKit, and via the new Client-Server method using TVML. For both complete beginners and iOS pros!
Topics Covered in the tvOS Apprentice
- Architecture: There are two different ways to make apps for the Apple TV — learn which is best for you.
- TVML: Learn how to use TVML templates to implement beautiful interfaces for the Apple TV.
- Traditional Apps: Learn how to make make traditional app using native libraries.
- Focus: Learn how the Focus paradigm works and what it means for your apps.
- Animation: Get ready to add some delightful animation to your tvOS apps!
- User Input and the Controller: Learn how your app can interact with the new Apple TV remote.
- Video Playback: Get your Apple TV app to play video — a common requirement for tvOS apps.
- On Demand Resources: Learn how to download assets on the fly.
- CloudKit: Learn how to use CloudKit on tvOS to store your app's data.
- In App Purchase: Monetize your app by allowing users to purchase digital goods.
- tvOS Design: Learn how to design your apps to fit in well with the tvOS ecosystem.
- Creating Layered Images: Find out how to create a new kind of image specifically for the TV.
- The Top Shelf: Show off static and interactive content on the Top Shelf of your Apple TV.
- And Much More: Including the new Dark Mode, PhotoKit, and Multipeer Connectivity!