English | 2017 | ISBN: 1484226377 | 288 Pages | True PDF | 10 MB
A Practical Introduction to TDD Using Problem and Solution Domain Analysis
Learn the basics of test driven development (TDD) using Ruby. You will carry out problem domain analysis, solution domain analysis, designing test cases, and writing tests first. These fundamental concepts will give you a solid TDD foundation to build upon. Test Driven Development in Ruby is written by a developer for developers.
The concepts are first explained, then a coding demo illustrates how to apply the theory in practice. At the end of each chapter an exercise is given to reinforce the material. Complete with working files and code samples, you'll be able to work alongside the author, a trainer, by following the material in this book.
What You Will Learn
- Carry out problem domain analysis, solution domain analysis, designing test cases, and writing tests first
- Use assertions
- Discover the structure of a test and the TDD cycle
- Gain an understanding of minimal implementation, starter test, story test, and next test
- Handle refactoring using Ruby
- Hide implementation details
- Test precisely and concretely
- Make your code robust
Who This Book Is For
Experienced Ruby programmers or web developers with some prior experience with Ruby.