English | 2019 | ISBN: 978-1492046905 | 368 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 19 MB
Terraform has become a key player in the DevOps world for defining, launching, and managing infrastructure as code (IaC) across a variety of cloud and virtualization platforms, including AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, and more. This hands-on second edition, expanded and thoroughly updated for Terraform version 0.12 and beyond, shows you the fastest way to get up and running.
Gruntwork cofounder Yevgeniy (Jim) Brikman walks you through code examples that demonstrate Terraform’s simple, declarative programming language for deploying and managing infrastructure with a few commands. Veteran sysadmins, DevOps engineers, and novice developers will quickly go from Terraform basics to running a full stack that can support a massive amount of traffic and a large team of developers.
- Explore changes from Terraform 0.9 through 0.12, including backends, workspaces, and first-class expressions
- Learn how to write production-grade Terraform modules
- Dive into manual and automated testing for Terraform code
- Compare Terraform to Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation, and Salt Stack
- Deploy server clusters, load balancers, and databases
- Use Terraform to manage the state of your infrastructure
- Create reusable infrastructure with Terraform modules
- Use advanced Terraform syntax to achieve zero-downtime deployment