Become an expert in Terraform on Google Cloud by using Infrastructure as Code for provisioning multiple yet consistent environments to increase productivity in no time
- Get up and running with Terraform on Google Cloud
- Learn Terraform concepts using Google Cloud code examples
- Apply Terraform to deploy realistic multi-tiered architectures quickly and repeatedly
Google Cloud has adopted Terraform as the standard Infrastructure as Code tool. This necessitates a solid understanding of Terraform for any cloud architect or engineer working on Google Cloud. Yet no specific resources are available that focus on how to use Terraform on Google Cloud.
This is the first book that teaches Terraform specifically for Google Cloud. You will take a journey from the basic concepts through to deploying complex architectures using Terraform. Using extensive code examples, you will receive guidance on how to authenticate Terraform in Google Cloud. As you advance, you’ll get to grips with all the essential concepts of the Terraform language as applied to Google Cloud and deploy complete working architectures at the push of a button. Finally, you’ll also be able to improve your Terraform workflow using Google Cloud native and third-party tools.
By the end of this Terraform book, you will have gained a thorough understanding of Terraform and how to use it on Google Cloud, and be able to develop effective Terraform code, build reusable code, and utilize public domain Terraform modules to deploy on Google Cloud faster and more securely.
What you will learn
- Authenticate Terraform in Google Cloud using multiple methods
- Write efficient Terraform code
- Use modules to share Terraform templates
- Manage multiple environments in Google Cloud
- Apply Terraform to deploy multi-tiered architectures
- Use public modules to deploy complex architectures quickly
- Integrate Terraform into your Google Cloud environment