English | 2016 | ISBN: 1786465634 | 476 Pages | PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 67 MB
Create powerful, effective visualizations to help analyze your data with Tableau 10 by your side
Tableau is a software tool that can speed up data analysis through its rich visualization capabilities, and help uncover insights for better and smarter decision making. This book is for the business, technology, data and analytics professionals who use and analyze data and data-driven approaches to support business operations and strategic initiatives in their organizations.
This book provides easy-to-follow recipes to get the reader up and running with Tableau 10, and covers basic to advanced use cases and scenarios. The book starts with building basic charts in Tableau and moves on to building more complex charts by incorporating different Tableau features and interactivity components. There is an entire chapter dedicated to dashboard techniques and best practices. A number of recipes specifically for geospatial visualization, analytics, and data preparation are also covered.
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained confidence and competence to analyze and communicate data and insights more efficiently and effectively by creating compelling interactive charts, dashboards, and stories in Tableau.
What You Will Learn
- Become familiar with the Tableau interface
- Build basic to more advanced charts with step-by-step recipes
- Use filters, calculated fields, parameters, and actions to add interactivity to charts and dashboards
- Prepare and transform data for analysis using Tableau’s built-in tools and functions
- Create effective and compelling dashboards and story points
- Leverage Tableau’s mapping capabilities to visualize location and shape data
- Integrate analytics and forecasting to enhance data analysis
- Get to know tips and tricks to work more quickly and effectively in Tableau
- Increase your confidence and competence in creating rich, interactive visualizations in Tableau