English | 2016 | ISBN: 1786466686 | 436 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 43 MB
Build scalable microservices with Spring, Docker, and Mesos
The Spring framework is an application framework and inversion of the control container for the Java platform. This book will help you implement the microservice architecture in Spring framework, Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud. Written to the latest specifications of Spring, you'll be able to build modern, Internet-scale Java applications in no time.
We start with the guidelines to implement responsive microservices at scale. We will then deep dive into Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Docker, Mesos, and Marathon. Next, you will learn how Spring Boot is used to deploy server-less autonomous services by removing the need to have a heavyweight application server. Later, you will learn how to go further by deploying your microservices to Docker and manage it with Mesos. Finally, you will gain more clarity on how to implement microservices using Spring framework and use them in Internet-scale deployments through real-world examples.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with the microservices architecture and its benefits
- Find out how to avoid common challenges and pitfalls while developing microservices
- Use Spring Boot and Spring Cloud to develop microservices
- Handle logging and monitoring microservices
- Manage Internet-scale microservices using Docker, Mesos, and Marathon
- Get to know the microservices governance and development life cycle process