English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788624398 | 356 Pages | EPUB | 29 MB
Spring 5.0 By Example: Grasp the fundamentals of Spring 5.0 to build modern, robust, and scalable Java applications
Discover the real power of Spring Framework 5.0 and learn to create powerful applications in its newest version
With growing demands, organizations are looking for systems that are robust and scalable. Therefore, the Spring Framework has become the most popular framework for Java development. It not only simplifies software development but also improves developer productivity. This book covers effective ways to develop robust applications in Java using Spring.
The book has three parts, where each one covers the building of a comprehensive project in Java and Spring. In the first part, you will construct a CMS Portal using Spring’s support for building REST APIs. You will also learn to integrate these APIs with AngularJS and later develop this application in a reactive fashion using Project Reactor, Spring WebFlux, and Spring Data. In the second part, you’ll understand how to build a messaging application, which will consume the Twitter API and perform filtering and transformations. Here, you will also learn about server-sent events and explore Spring’s support for Kotlin, which makes application development quick and efficient. In the last part, you will build a real microservice application using the most important techniques and patterns such as service discovery, circuit breakers, security, data streams, monitoring, and a lot more from this architectural style.
By the end of the book, you will be confident about using Spring to build your applications.
What You Will Learn
- Implement REST APIs with Spring REST support
- Introduce the Spring Boot and understand how it makes creating robust applications extremely simple
- Understand how Spring Data helps us add persistence in MongoDB and SQL databases
- Introduce Reactive Programming and use this with Spring Webflux
- Implement a Reactive REST client and learn how it can create asynchronous applications
- Create a robust, scalable, and fault tolerant application with Spring Messaging
- Implement a websocket to add interactive behaviors in your applications
- Introduce the Spring Cloud projects