English | 2020 | ISBN: 1838645649 | 435 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 62 MB
From fundamentals and design patterns to the different strategies for creating secure and reliable architectures, learn everything you need to become a successful solution architect
Becoming a solution architect gives you the flexibility to work with cutting-edge technologies and define product strategy. This book takes you through the essential concepts, design principles and patterns, architectural considerations, and all the latest technology that you need to know to become a successful solution architect.
This book starts with a quick introduction to the fundamentals of solution architecture design principles and attributes that will assist you with understanding how solution architecture benefits software projects across enterprises. You’ll learn what a cloud migration and application modernization framework looks like and develop modern architectures using microservices, event-driven, cache-based, and serverless design patterns. You’ll then explore the main pillars of architecture design, including performance, scalability, cost optimization, security, operational excellence, and DevOps. In addition to this, you’ll also learn the advanced concept of big data, machine learning, and IoT. Finally, you’ll get familiar with the documentation of architecture design and the soft skills necessary to become a better solution architect.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned the techniques to create an efficient architecture design that meets your business requirements.
What you will learn
- Explore the different roles of a solution architect and their involvement in the enterprise landscape
- Understand advanced concepts such as big data processing, machine learning, and IoT from an architect’s perspective
- Discover different solution architecture patterns such as event-driven and microservices patterns
- Find ways to keep yourself updated with new technologies and enhance your skills
- Modernize legacy applications with the help of cloud integration
- Get to grips with choosing an appropriate strategy to reduce cost