English | 2023 | ISBN: 978-0138190286 | 208 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
20 Best Practices for Developing and Managing Requirements on Any Project
Software Requirements Essentials presents 20 core practices for successful requirements planning, elicitation, analysis, specification, validation, and management. Leading requirements experts Karl Wiegers and Candase Hokanson focus on the practices most likely to deliver superior value for both traditional and agile projects, in any application domain. These core practices help teams understand business problems, engage the right participants, articulate better solutions, improve communication, implement the most valuable functionality in the right sequence, and adapt to change and growth.
Concise and tightly focused, this book offers just enough pragmatic “how-to” detail for you to apply the core practices with confidence, whether you’re a business analyst, requirements engineer, product manager, product owner, or developer. Using it, your entire team can build a shared understanding of key concepts, terminology, techniques, and rationales–and work together more effectively on every project.
Learn how to:
- Clarify problems, define business objectives, and set solution boundaries
- Identify stakeholders and decision makers
- Explore user tasks, events, and responses
- Assess data concepts and relationships
- Elicit and evaluate quality attributes
- Analyze requirements and requirement sets, create models and prototypes, and set priorities
- Specify requirements in a consistent, structured, and well-documented fashion
- Review, test, and manage change to requirements
Resolve the captcha to access the links!