English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-0367688646 | 356 Pages | EPUB | 13 MBThis book is a broad discussion covering the entire software development lifecycle. It uses a comprehensive case study to address each topic and features the following:
- A description of the development, by the fictional company Homeowner, of the DigitalHome (DH) System, a system with “smart” devices for controlling home lighting, temperature, humidity, small appliance power, and security
- A set of scenarios that provide a realistic framework for use of the DH System material
- Just-in-time training: each chapter includes mini tutorials introducing various software engineering topics that are discussed in that chapter and used in the case study
- A set of case study exercises that provide an opportunity to engage students in software development practice, either individually or in a team environment.
- Support teaching software engineering, using a comprehensive case study covering the complete software development lifecycle
- Offer opportunities for students to actively learn about and engage in software engineering practice
- Provide a realistic environment to study a wide array of software engineering topics including agile development