A practical handbook with proven recommendations and design considerations for creating elegant SharePoint solutions and integrating with other collaboration tools to build value for your organization
- Learn how to structure sites, pages, and data with effective metadata
- Understand the modernization of SharePoint over time and discover ways to leverage its out-of-the-box features
- Fit all the pieces together across cloud tools like Teams, OneDrive, Planner, and Forms
After opening a toolbox full of tools, it can initially be hard to know which is the right one for the job – which tool works best and when. Showing you how to create an informed and purposeful plan for SharePoint Online in the context of the Microsoft 365 suite of tools is what this book is all about.
SharePoint Architect’s Planning Guide will help you understand all you can do with SharePoint. Whether the tools are new to you or you’ve used the older versions in the past, your journey will start by learning about the building blocks. This book is not a step-by-step guide; there are tons of online resources to give you that and to help you better keep up with the pace of change. This book is a planning guide, helping you with the context, capabilities, and considerations for implementing SharePoint Online in the most successful way possible. Whether you need to plan a new intranet, migrate files to a modern platform, or take advantage of tools such as Power Platform, Teams, and Planner, this guide will help you get to grips with the technology, ask the right questions to build your plan, and successfully implement it from the technical and user adoption perspectives.
By the end of this Microsoft book, you’ll be able to perceive the toolbox as a whole and efficiently prepare a planning and governance document for use in your organization.
What you will learn
- Find out how to build or migrate to an effective modern intranet
- Explore how SharePoint works with other Microsoft 365 tools
- Discover best practices for extending SharePoint
- Understand the ways to implement effective metadata
- Plan for successful adoption and change management
- Explore best practices for site and data architecture