English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1032008103 | 328 Pages | PDF | 20 MB
The Industry 4.0 revolution is changing the world around us. Artificial intelligence and machine learning, automation and robotics, big data, Internet of Things, augmented reality, virtual reality, and creativity are the tools of Industry 4.0. Improved collaboration is seen between smart systems and humans, which merges humans’ critical and cognitive thinking abilities with highly accurate and fast industrial automation.
Securing IoT in Industry 4.0 Applications with Blockchain examines the role of IoT in Industry 4.0 and how it can be made secure through various technologies including blockchain. The book begins with an in-depth look at IoT and discusses applications, architecture, technologies, tools, and programming languages. It then examines blockchain and cybersecurity, as well as how blockchain achieves cybersecurity. It also looks at cybercrimes and their preventive measures and issues related to IoT security and trust.
- An overview of how IoT is used to improve the performance of Industry 4.0 systems
- The evolution of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), its proliferation and market share, and some examples across major industries
- An exploration of how smart farming is helping farmers prevent plant disease
- The concepts behind the Internet of Nano Things (IoNT), including the nanomachine and nanonetwork architecture and nano-communication paradigms
- A look at how blockchains can enhance cybersecurity in a variety of applications, including smart contracts, transferring financial instruments, and Public Key Infrastructure
- An overview of the structure and working of a blockchain, including the types, evolution, benefits, and applications of blockchain to industries
- A framework of technologies designed to shield networks, computers, and data from malware, vulnerabilities, and unauthorized activities
- An explanation of the automation system employed in industries along with its classification, functionality, flexibility, limitations, and applications