English | 2017 | ISBN: 1788291460 | 386 Pages | EPUB | 12 MB
SciPy Recipes: A cookbook with over 110 proven recipes for performing mathematical and scientific computations
Tackle the most sophisticated problems associated with scientific computing and data manipulation using SciPy
With the SciPy Stack, you get the power to effectively process, manipulate, and visualize your data using the popular Python language. Utilizing SciPy correctly can sometimes be a very tricky proposition. This book provides the right techniques so you can use SciPy to perform different data science tasks with ease.
This book includes hands-on recipes for using the different components of the SciPy Stack such as NumPy, SciPy, matplotlib, and pandas, among others. You will use these libraries to solve real-world problems in linear algebra, numerical analysis, data visualization, and much more. The recipes included in the book will ensure you get a practical understanding not only of how a particular feature in SciPy Stack works, but also of its application to real-world problems. The independent nature of the recipes also ensure that you can pick up any one and learn about a particular feature of SciPy without reading through the other recipes, thus making the book a very handy and useful guide.
What You Will Learn
- Get a solid foundation in scientific computing using Python
- Master common tasks related to SciPy and associated libraries such as NumPy, pandas, and matplotlib
- Perform mathematical operations such as linear algebra and work with the statistical and probability functions in SciPy
- Master advanced computing such as Discrete Fourier Transform and K-means with the SciPy Stack
- Implement data wrangling tasks efficiently using pandas
- Visualize your data through various graphs and charts using matplotlib