English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800565401 | 267 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 45 MB
Explore Kinesis managed services such as Kinesis Data Streams, Kinesis Data Analytics, Kinesis Data Firehose, and Kinesis Video Streams with the help of practical use cases
Amazon Kinesis is a collection of secure, serverless, durable, and highly available purpose-built data streaming services. This data streaming service provides APIs and client SDKs to enable you to produce and consume data at scale.
This book begins with a quick overview of the core concepts of data streams along with the essentials of the AWS Kinesis landscape. You’ll explore the requirements of the use case shown through the book to help you get started and cover the key pain points encountered in the data stream life cycle. As you advance, you’ll get to grips with the architectural components of Kinesis, understand how they are configured to build data pipelines, and delve into the applications that connect to them for consumption and processing. You’ll also build a Kinesis data pipeline from scratch and learn how to implement and apply practical solutions. You’ll then learn how to configure Kinesis on a cloud platform. Finally, you’ll learn how other AWS services can be integrated into Kinesis. These services include Redshift, Dynamo Database, AWS S3, Elastic Search, and third-party applications such as Splunk.
By the end of this AWS book, you’ll be able to build and deploy your own Kinesis data pipelines with Kinesis Data Streams (KDS), Kinesis Firehose (KFH), Kinesis Video Streams (KVS), and Kinesis Data Analytics (KDA).
What you will learn
- Get to grips with data streams, decoupled design, and real-time stream processing
- Understand the properties of Kinesis Data Firehose that differentiate it from other Kinesis services
- Monitor and scale KDS using CloudWatch metrics
- Secure Kinesis Data Analytics with identity and access management (IAM)
- Deploy Kinesis Video Streams as infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Integrate services such as Redshift, Dynamo Database, and Splunk into Kinesis