This book introduces SAP HANA Cloud and helps you develop an understanding of its key features, including technology, architecture, and data modeling.
SAP HANA Cloud in a Nutshell will help you develop the skills needed to use the core features of the completely managed and in-memory cloud-based data foundation available in the SAP Business Technology Platform.
The book covers modern modeling concepts and equips you with practical knowledge to unleash the best use of SAP HANA Cloud. As you progress, you will learn how to provision your own SAP HANA Cloud instance, understand how to work with different roles, and work with data modeling for analytical and transactional use cases. Additionally, you will learn how to pilot SAP BTP Cockpit and work with entitlements, quotas, account structure, spaces, instances, and cloud providers. You will learn how to perform administration tasks such as stop and start an SAP HANA Cloud instance and make it available for use.
To fully leverage the knowledge this book offers, you will find practical step-by-step instructions for how to establish a cloud account model and create your first SAP HANA Cloud artifacts. The book is an important prerequisite for those who want to take full advantage of SAP HANA Cloud.
What You Will Learn
- Master the concepts and terminology of SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) and SAP HANA Cloud
- Understand the key roles of an SAP HANA Cloud implementation
- Become familiar with the key tools used by administrators, architects, and application developers
- Upgrade an SAP HANA Cloud database
- Understand how to work with SAP HANA Cloud modeling supporting analytical and transactional use cases