English | 2015 | ISBN: 1783985869 | 138 Pages | True PDF | 10 MB
Design and implement comprehensive RESTful solutions in Node.js
In this era of cloud computing, every data provisioning solution is built in a scalable and fail-safe way. Thus, when building RESTful services, the right choice of the underlying platform is vital. Node.js, with its asynchronous, event-driven architecture, is just the right choice to build RESTful APIs.
This book will be your step-by-step guide in the RESTful world of Node.js. It starts with the implementation of a simple HTTP handler application and follows its evolution to a completed RESTful service solution, which introduces you to the best practices in developing RESTful services.
What You Will Learn
- Learn about NoSQL data stores and integrate MongoDB in your Node.js application with Mongoose
- Install, develop, and test your own Node.js user modules
- Eliminate third-party dependencies in your tests with mocking
- Comprehend the differences between an HTTP and RESTful application
- Optimize RESTful service URI routing with best practices
- Secure your services with NoSQL database integration within Node.js applications