English | 2017 | ISBN: 1788294041 | 420 Pages | EPUB | 15 MB
RESTful Java Web Services – Third Edition: A pragmatic guide to designing and building RESTful APIs using Java 3rd Edition
Master core REST concepts and create RESTful web services in Java
Representational State Transfer (REST) is a simple yet powerful software architecture style to create lightweight and scalable web services. The RESTful web services use HTTP as the transport protocol and can use any message formats, including XML, JSON(widely used), CSV, and many more, which makes it easily inter-operable across different languages and platforms.
This successful book is currently in its 3rd edition and has been used by thousands of developers. It serves as an excellent guide for developing RESTful web services in Java.
This book attempts to familiarize the reader with the concepts of REST. It is a pragmatic guide for designing and developing web services using Java APIs for real-life use cases following best practices and for learning to secure REST APIs using OAuth and JWT. Finally, you will learn the role of RESTful web services for future technological advances, be it cloud, IoT or social media.
By the end of this book, you will be able to efficiently build robust, scalable, and secure RESTful web services using Java APIs.
What You Will Learn
- Introduce yourself to the RESTful software architectural style and the REST API design principles
- Make use of the JSR 353 API, JSR 374 API, JSR 367 API and Jackson API for JSON processing
- Build portable RESTful web APIs, making use of the JAX-RS 2.1 API
- Simplify API development using the Jersey and RESTEasy extension APIs
- Secure your RESTful web services with various authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Get to grips with the various metadata solutions to describe, produce, and consume RESTful web services
- Understand the design and coding guidelines to build well-performing RESTful APIs
- See how the role of RESTful web services changes with emerging technologies and trends