English | 2016 | ISBN: 1783553075 | 174 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 16 MB
Responsive web design (RWD) is a web design approach aimed at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing and interaction experience—providing easy reading and navigation with minimum resizing, panning, and scrolling—and all of this across a wide range of devices from desktop computer monitors to mobile phones. Responsive web design is becoming more important as the amount of mobile traffic now accounts for more than half of the Internet’s total traffic.
This book will give you in depth knowledge about the basics of responsive web design. You will embark on a journey of building effective responsive web pages that work across a range of devices, from mobile phones to smart TVs, with nothing more than standard markup and styling techniques.
You’ll begin by getting an understanding of what RWD is and its significance to the modern web. Building on the basics, you’ll learn about layouts and media queries. Following this, we’ll dive into creating layouts using grid based templates. We’ll also cover the important topic of performance management, and discover how to tackle cross-browser challenges.
What You Will Learn
- Explore various layout options
- Understand what can be achieved in the browser, without the use of third-party tools
- Executing media queries to benefit responsive designs
- Understand the basics of responsive workflow and boilerplate frameworks
- Improve performance of responsive web design
- Maintain compatibility across various browsers