English | 2016 | ISBN: 1785286131 | 322 Pages | PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 26 MB
Over 80 hands-on recipes to improve your skills in project management, team management, process improvement, and Redmine administration
In a variety of online project management tools, Redmine markets itself as offering flexibility. Choosing the right management tool can mean the difference between the success and failure of a project. Flexible project management tools bend themselves to fit your needs, whether that’s communication regarding a simple project, or collaboration, or more complex project methodology such as SCRUM, or an issue-code relationship, or the need of different methodology for your project.
Whether you are project manager or system administrator, this book provides valuable recipes to get the best possible performance out of your team, organization, infrastructure, and Redmine itself. Through a series of carefully crafted recipes covering the nitty-gritty of Redmine, you’ll be guided through the installation of Redmine, as well as how to fine-tune and customize your Redmine installation. Finally, we walk you through integrating Redmine with other softwares and databases like Tortoise SVN and Visual Studio and troubleshooting Redmine.
What You Will Learn
- Make Redmine run on Microsoft SQL Server with IIS
- Enjoy the benefits of updating the code on a real-time basis and maintaining consistency
- Manage multiple projects and teams simultaneously
- Leverage Redmine features to enhance team's performance
- Use Redmine for SCRUM and Agile methodologies
- Deploy Redmine for Service Desk
- Customize the user experience by manually tracking the ongoing projects
- Extend Redmine through various plugins