English | 2020 | ISBN: 1486312351 | 120 Pages | PDF | 49 MB
Are you ready to learn about real technology and make it yourself?
Ready, Set, Code! explains how cutting-edge digital technology works and its surprising uses now and in the future. Filled with interesting examples, each chapter explores a different topic, such as artificial intelligence, sensors and data, and applies it with a fun, hands-on coding project. You will learn how to create your own chatbot, translate messages into different languages, construct a burglar alarm, make digital art and music, and launch a citizen science project. Plus, you’ll learn how to protect yourself online and much more.
Suitable for beginners, this book provides illustrated step-by-step instructions to teach kids to code with the highly acclaimed Scratch programming language, popular micro:bit mini computers and simple app building tools.
- Simple and fun ways to get children creating with code
- Real-world technologies explained
- Engaging projects kids can do over and over again
- Can be used by families and in classrooms
- Compelling storytelling that encourages a creative mindset