English | 2016 | ISBN: 1785884269 | 238 Pages | EPUB, AZW3 | 10 MB
Leverage the power of the Functional reactive programming paradigm with Swift to develop robust iOS applications
Reactive programming helps you write applications that are more powerful and efficient. You can write more software, help more people, and create applications that scale. Reactive programming is a growing paradigm that we will help you set to work in Swift.
Reactive Programming with Swift guides you through migrating from the traditional way of developing to the new ReactiveCocoa framework, which uses Swift as its main programming language. You will learn how to develop with this framework, debug code, create unit tests, use additional frameworks, and convert a traditional framework into a ReactiveCocoa one.
Starting with a crash course on the fundamental concepts of Reactive programming, we’ll set you up so you’re ready to create reactive applications. We’ll then move on to topics such as Graphical events, Streaming, and Core data, which will help you dive deeper with advanced programming. The concept of switching your programming concepts from imperative to functional reactive programming will also be covered. By the end of this book, you will be able to successfully create highly functional apps using Swift.
What You Will Learn
- Switch your programming concepts from imperative to Functional reactive programming
- Improve your app’s maintenance by developing with a different paradigm
- Create unit tests and automation tests using the ReactiveCocoa framework
- Create clear code that is very easy to read
- Get accustomed to migrating mobile apps to the Reactive way of programming
- Perform asynchronous calls and join them later