English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787289901 | 225 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 12 MB
Make the most of asynchronous android programming
Writing code on Android is hard. Writing a high quality code that involves concurrent and parallel tasks is even harder. Ensuring that this code will run without unforeseen race conditions is an the order of magnitude harder. RxJava is the tool that can help write code for such tasks.
In this book a novice developer will be introduced to a wide variety of tools that RxJava provides to enable them to produce robust and high-quality code for their asynchronous tasks by building a relatively simple(and high quality) application using advanced RxJava techniques to produce a high quality product.
Part 1 of the book will lead the developer through RxJava's initial setup in Android environment. In Part 2, the reader will learn RxJava 2.0 step-by-step by starting off with stock data processing and display.The developer will learn to choose appropriate Schedulers and to use Retrofit library for remote requests.In Part 3, the reader will also learn advanced topics such as adding integration to Twitter to process its streaming data by combining it with stock data.
What You Will Learn
- Set up an environment for asynchronous that is reactive Android programming
- Write custom observables and higher level abstractions
- Orchestrating multiple calls using Reactive programming principles
- Fetch remote financial data using RxJava
- Integrate and process Twitter streams gracefully
- Utilize Reactive programming to develop interactive and responsive Android apps
- Create your own application to follow financial stock updates in real-time based on selected companies’ symbols
- Integrate updates from the Twitter for those companies.