English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800560444 | 371 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 110 MB
Build modular React web apps that are scalable, maintainable, and powerful using design patterns and insightful best practices
Get up to speed with design patterns in React such as render props and controlled and uncontrolled inputs
Become well-versed with React Hooks in this updated third edition
Work through examples that can be used to create reusable code and extensible designs
You’ll start by understanding the internals of React, before gradually moving on to writing maintainable and clean code. The chapters that follow will show you how to build components that are reusable across the application, structure applications, and create forms that actually work. Later, you will build on your knowledge by exploring how to style React components and optimize them to make applications faster and more responsive. Finally, you’ll write tests effectively and learn how to contribute to React and its ecosystem.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to avoid the process of trial and error and developmental headaches, and instead, have the skills you need to efficiently build and deploy real-world React web applications.
What you will learn
- Become well-versed with new React features such as context API and React Hooks
- Get to grips with the techniques of styling and optimizing React components
- Make components communicate with each other by applying consolidated patterns
- Use server-side rendering to make applications load faster
- Write a comprehensive set of tests to create robust and maintainable code
- Build high-performing applications by optimizing components