English | 2019 | ISBN: 1492043225 | 608 Pages | EPUB | 48 MB
With millions of new users and several new models, the Raspberry Pi ecosystem continues to expand—along with many new questions about the Pi’s capabilities. The third edition of this popular cookbook provides more than 200 hands-on recipes that show you how to run this tiny low-cost computer with Linux; program it with Python; hook it up to sensors, motors, and Arduino boards; and even use it with the internet of things (IoT).
Prolific hacker and author Simon Monk also teaches basic principles to help you use new technologies with the Raspberry Pi. This cookbook is ideal for programmers and hobbyists familiar with the Pi through resources such as Getting Started with Raspberry Pi (O’Reilly). Code examples from the book are available on GitHub.
- Set up your Raspberry Pi and connect to a network
- Work with its Linux-based operating system
- Program your Raspberry Pi with Python
- Give your Pi “eyes” with computer vision
- Control hardware through the GPIO connector
- Use your Raspberry Pi to run different types of motors
- Work with switches, keypads, and other digital inputs
- Use sensors to measure temperature, light, and distance
- Connect to IoT devices in various ways and automate your home