English | 2019 | ISBN: 1789532586 | 348 Pages | EPUB | 30 MB
Create image processing, object detection and face recognition apps by leveraging the power of machine learning and deep learning with OpenCV 4 and Qt 5
OpenCV and Qt have proven to be a winning combination for developing cross-platform computer vision applications. By leveraging their power, you can create robust applications with both an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) and high-performance capabilities. This book will help you learn through a variety of real-world projects on image processing, face and text recognition, object detection, and high-performance computing. You’ll be able to progressively build on your skills by working on projects of increasing complexity.
You’ll begin by creating an image viewer application, building a user interface from scratch by adding menus, performing actions based on key-presses, and applying other functions. As you progress, the book will guide you through using OpenCV image processing and modification functions to edit an image with filters and transformation features. In addition to this, you’ll explore the complex motion analysis and facial landmark detection algorithms, which you can use to build security and face detection applications. Finally, you’ll learn to use pretrained deep learning models in OpenCV and GPUs to filter images quickly.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to effectively develop full-fledged computer vision applications with OpenCV and Qt.
What you will learn
- Create an image viewer with all the basic requirements
- Construct an image editor to filter or transform images
- Develop a security app to detect movement and secure homes
- Build an app to detect facial landmarks and apply masks to faces
- Create an app to extract text from scanned documents and photos
- Train and use cascade classifiers and DL models for object detection
- Build an app to measure the distance between detected objects
- Implement high-speed image filters on GPU with Open Graphics Library (OpenGL)