English | 2015 | ISBN: 1783285938 | 400 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
The future belongs to applications and services that involve connected devices, requiring physical components to communicate with web-level applications. Arduino combined with the popular open source software platform Python can be used to develop the next level of advanced Internet of Things (IoT) projects with graphical user interfaces and Internet-connected applications.
Starting with designing hardware prototypes using Arduino, this book will then show you everything you need to know to be able to develop complex cloud applications. You will delve into domain-specific topics with incremental complexity, ending with real-world projects. You will quickly learn to develop user interfaces, plots, remote access, messaging protocols, and cloud connectivity. Each successive topic, accompanied by plenty of examples, will help you develop your cutting-edge hardware applications.
What You Will Learn
- Design and develop your own hardware prototypes using Arduino
- Interface Arduino to a computer using the Firmata protocol and Python
- Acquire hands-on experience in developing applications for a variety of popular sensors
- Develop graphical user interfaces to control your components and plots to visualize sensor data
- Access your Arduino prototype from the Internet
- Implement messaging protocols for Arduino communication
- Connect your hardware project to cloud-based services
- Create advanced Internet of Things applications through projects in the book