English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787129450 | 422 Pages | PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 21 MB
Master over 80 object-oriented recipes to create amazing GUIs in Python and revolutionize your applications today
Python is a multi-domain, interpreted programming language. It is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language. It is often used as a scripting language because of its forgiving syntax and compatibility with a wide variety of different eco-systems. Python GUI Programming Cookbook follows a task-based approach to help you create beautiful and very effective GUIs with the least amount of code necessary.
This book will guide you through the very basics of creating a fully functional GUI in Python with only a few lines of code. Each and every recipe adds more widgets to the GUIs we are creating. While the cookbook recipes all stand on their own, there is a common theme running through all of them. As our GUIs keep expanding, using more and more widgets, we start to talk to networks, databases, and graphical libraries that greatly enhance our GUI’s functionality. This book is what you need to expand your knowledge on the subject of GUIs, and make sure you’re not missing out in the long run.
What You Will Learn
- Create the GUI Form and add widgets
- Arrange the widgets using layout managers
- Use object-oriented programming to create GUIs
- Create Matplotlib charts
- Use threads and talking to networks
- Talk to a MySQL database via the GUI
- Perform unit-testing and internationalizing the GUI
- Extend the GUI with third-party graphical libraries
- Get to know the best practices to create GUIs