English | 2017 | ISBN: 978-1787284715 | 232 Pages | EPUB, AZW3, PDF (conv) | 10 MB
A Guide to managing servers and automation
Puppet is a configuration management tool that allows you to automate all your IT configurations, giving you control over what you do to each Puppet Agent in a network, and when and how you do it. In this age of digital delivery and ubiquitous Internet presence, it’s becoming increasingly important to implement scaleable and portable solutions, not only in terms of software, but also the system that runs it.
This gets you started quickly with Puppet and its tools in the right way. It highlights improvements in Puppet and provides solutions for upgrading. It starts with a quick introduction to Puppet in order to quickly get your IT automation platform in place. Then you learn about the Puppet Agent and its installation and configuration along with Puppet Server and its scaling options. The book adopts an innovative structure and approach, and Puppet is explained with flexible use cases that empower you to manage complex infrastructures easily.
Finally, the book will take readers through Puppet and its companion tools such as Facter, Hiera, and R10k and how to make use of tool chains.
What You Will Learn
- Understand declarative configuration management
- Make use of GIT-based deployment workflows
- Extend Factor with secure elements
- Create modular and reusable Puppet code
- Extend your code base with publicly available Puppet modules
- Separate logic from data by using Hiera
- Understand and develop Puppet Roles and Profiles