English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787124004 | 268 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 10 MB
Puppet is great for developers, system administrators, IT professionals, and anyone laying the foundation for DevOps practices – this comprehensive guide will get you up to speed, all the way from installation to automation to the latest features of Puppet 4.10.
Puppet 4.10 Beginner’s Guide, Second Edition, gets you up and running with the very latest features of Puppet 4.10, including Docker containers, Hiera data, and Amazon AWS cloud orchestration. Go from beginner to confident Puppet user with a series of clear, practical examples to help you manage every aspect of your server setup.
Whether you’re a developer, a system administrator, or you are simply curious about Puppet, you’ll learn Puppet skills that you can put into practice right away. With practical steps giving you the key concepts you need, this book teaches you how to install packages and config files, create users, set up scheduled jobs, provision cloud instances, build containers, and so much more.
Every example in this book deals with something real and practical that you’re likely to need in your work, and you’ll see the complete Puppet code that makes it happen, along with step-by-step instructions for what to type and what output you’ll see. All the examples are available in a GitHub repo for you to download and adapt for your own server setup.
What You Will Learn
- Covers the latest Puppet 4.10 release
- Install and set up Puppet and discover the latest and most advanced features
- Configure, build, and run containers in production using Puppet’s industry-leading Docker support
- Deploy configuration files and templates at super-fast speeds and manage user accounts and access control
- Automate your IT infrastructure
- Use the latest features in Puppet 4 onward and its official modules
- Manage clouds, containers, and orchestration
- Get to know the best practices to make Puppet more reliable and increase its performance