English | MP4 | AVC 1280×720 | AAC 48KHz 2ch | 5 Hours | 922 MB
Learn to develop cross OS desktop apps with hottest JS framework for desktop app creation
A complete hands-on, project-based course to help you master the brilliant Electron Framework in an easy and efficient way!
Traditional programming and coding are not only time consuming but also frustrating, especially with the different platforms that are currently one the market. This is why frameworks are a boon for developers who want to develop apps and websites for multiple platforms.
Electron was originally developed as a shell for the Atom Editor and from there has evolved to become one of the most popular cross-platform frameworks on the market. Electron allows the development of desktop GUI applications using front and back end components originally developed for web applications. It also serves main GUI framework behind several notable open-source projects such as GitHub’s Atom, Microsoft’s Visual Studio Code source code editors and the Light Table IDE. It allows building cross-platform and cross-browser apps that run exactly the same even in the future.
If you want a hands-on resource to help you learn how to start building your apps in Electron, well then we’ve got just the course for you! This is a project-based course will help you bridge the gap between theory and practical to help you understand both and actually get you started building apps with Electron.
In this course, you will learn what is Electron, how to install the system and set it up. From there, you will learn exactly how to use Electron by actually building five different projects with it.
Five Projects covered in this course:
- Pomodoro Clock: Learn how to build a complete clock from scratch, as well as how to set the timer logic, and integrate sounds as well as add multiple clocks.
- Tic Tac Toe Game: In this project, you will design the game board, add the Xs and Os and add notifications to your game.
- Weather App: In this app, you will learn how to integrate an API and get it to fetch data from another source. You will also learn how to gather data from the internet and how to display that data on the app.
- Currency Converter: This will also include using an API, and you will learn how to actually create conversions from one currency to the other.
- Body Mass Index: In this app, you will learn how to calculate the BMI by using a person’s weight and height. You will learn how to add calculations to your logic in this app
Introduction To Electron
3 Overview of Electron
4 Code Editor
5 Hello World – Bootstrapping
6 Hello World – View and Model
9 Running The App
11 Boostrapping The App
12 Building the View
13 Dynamic View Implementation
14 Getting Started on index.js
15 Building Long Break Clock Functionality
16 Start Timer Function
17 Maintaining Internal State Of Breaks
18 Completing index.js
Tic Tac Toe
20 Initializing New Project
21 Styling and Starting Controller
22 Handling Gameplay Movement
23 Deciding Winner or Drawn Game
24 New Game Creation
25 Playing The Game
28 Introduction To Weather App
29 Building Out The Controller
30 Accessing Weather API
33 Initializing Project And Starting View
34 Completing View
35 Creating Conversion Functions
36 Finalizing Controller and Running App
39 Creating The View
40 Currency Converter Function
41 Creating Specific Conversion Function
42 Finalizing Controller and Running App
44 Course Summary