English | 2017 | ISBN: 1937161859 | 910 Pages | EPUB, AZW3 | 26 MB
PROGRAMMING GAMES WITH VISUAL BASIC is a second semester self-paced "intermediate" computer game programming tutorial consisting of 10 chapters explaining (in simple, easy-to-follow terms) how to build Visual Basic Games. The games built are non-violent and teach logical thinking skills. To grasp the concepts, you should possess a working knowledge of Windows and have had some exposure to Visual Basic programming (or some other programming language). We offer a beginning programming tutorial (VISUAL BASIC FOR KIDS and BEGINNING VISUAL BASIC) that would help you gain this needed programming exposure.
PROGRAMMING GAMES WITH VISUAL BASIC explains (in simple, easy-to-follow terms) how to build a Visual Basic game project. Game skills learned include handling multiple players, scoring, graphics, animation, and sounds. The game projects built include, in increasing complexity:
- Safecracker - Decipher a secret combination using clues from the computer.
- Tic Tac Toe – The classic game!
- Match Game – Find matching pairs of hidden photos – use your own photos!
- Pizza Delivery – A business simulation where you manage a small pizza shop for a night.
- Moon Landing – Land a module on the surface of the moon.
- Leap Frog – A fun arcade game where you get a frog through traffic and across a raging river.