English | 2017 | ISBN: 0996246323 | 332 Pages | EPUB, AZW3, PDF (conv) | 10 MB
- Use variables to store data and perform calculations
- Write if/else statements to make decisions
- Write loops to repeat commands
- Write functions to organize your code and make it reusable
- Use arrays to store and process large amounts of data
This book is simply jammed full of helpful programming examples, including computing compound interest, the future value of an investment, the volume of a cylinder, the distance between two points, the area of a triangle, the surface area of a pyramid, roots using the quadratic formula. Other examples include determining if a number is prime, finding the greatest common divisor of two numbers, creating an array, filling an array, reversing an array, finding a value in an array, sorting an array, making an HTML document interactive using the document object model (DOM), storing data permanently using local storage, reversing a string of text, counting the occurrences of a character, extracting the family name from a person's full name, transposing musical chords, and many more.