English | 2019 | ISBN: 1838985295 | 104 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
Take the strategic and systematic approach to analyze data to solve business problems
We offer you Packt Select – a new, selective range of books on unique topics. We have identified and acquired these books and made it available to you through our brand. These books provides a smooth learning experience using real-world examples and best practices.
Principles of Strategic Data Science is created to help you join the dots between mathematics, programming, and business analysis.
With a unique approach that bridges the gap between mathematics and computer science, this book takes you through the entire data science pipeline. The book begins by explaining what data science is and how organizations can use it to revolutionize the way they use their data. It then discusses the criteria for the soundness of data products and how to best visualize information. As you progress, you’ll discover the strategic aspects of data science by learning the five-phase framework that enables you to enhance the value you extract from data. The final chapter of the book discusses the role of a data science manager in helping an organization take the data-driven approach.
By the end of this book, you’ll have a good understanding of data science and how it can enable you to extract value from your data.
What you will learn
- Get familiar with the five most important steps of data science
- Use the Conway diagram to visualize the technical skills of the data science team
- Understand the limitations of data science from a mathematical and ethical perspective
- Get a quick overview of machine learning
- Gain insight into the purpose of using data science in your work
- Understand the role of data science managers and their expectations