English | 2016 | ISBN: 1785880896 | 232 Pages | PDF | 13 MB
A foundational yet practical approach to UX that delivers more creative, collaborative, holistic, and mature design solutions, regardless of your background or experience
Written in an easy-to-read style, this book provides real-world examples, a historical perspective, and a holistic approach to design that will ground you in the fundamental essentials of interactive design, allow you to make more informed design decisions, and increase your understanding of UX in order to reach the highest levels of UX maturity. As you will see, UX is more than just delighting customers and users. It is also about thinking like a UX practitioner, making time for creativity, recognizing good design when you see it, understanding Information Architecture as more than just organizing and labeling websites, using design patterns to influence user behavior and decision making, approaching UX from a business perspective, transforming your client’s and company’s fundamental understanding of UX and its true value, and so much more.
This book is an invaluable resource of knowledge, perspective, and inspiration for those seeking to become better UX designers, increase their confidence, become more mature design leaders, and deliver solutions that provide measurable value to stakeholders, customers, and users regardless of project type, size, and delivery method.
What You Will Learn
- Awaken your UX mind and dispel the myths of non-UX thinkers
- Create the six optimal conditions for your best ideas to appear
- Identify and incorporate the ten design principles found in all good UX design
- Develop a broader understanding of Information Architecture (IA) to better engage, guide, and inform
- Develop a fundamental understanding of patterns and the properties that create them
- Raise your level of UX maturity with a strategy that transforms your approach to problem solving and helps others understand the true value of your work
- Utilize important tools of the UX trade that never go out of style
- Increase your knowledge of UX, incorporate valuable ideas and insights into your work, and look at design from a very unique perspective