English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800560963 | 342 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 19 MB
Get to grips with using Rust effectively and explore best practices for developing efficient and reliable software
The book takes a unique approach by starting each topic with Linux kernel concepts and APIs relevant to that topic. You’ll also explore how system resources can be controlled from Rust. As you progress, you’ll delve into advanced topics. You’ll cover network programming, focusing on aspects such as working with low-level network primitives and protocols in Rust, before going on to learn how to use and compile Rust with WebAssembly. Later chapters will take you through practical code examples and projects to help you build on your knowledge.
By the end of this Rust programming book, you will be equipped with practical skills to write systems software tools, libraries, and utilities in Rust.
What you will learn
- Gain a solid understanding of how system resources are managed
- Use Rust confidently to control and operate a Linux or Unix system
- Understand how to write a host of practical systems software tools and utilities
- Delve into memory management with the memory layout of Rust programs
- Transform code samples into full-fledged production-ready tools
- Discover the capabilities and features of the Rust standard library
- Explore external crates to improve productivity for future Rust programming projects